Currently, I'm a backend engineer on an Aviation product where I write microservices using Spring Boot. From time to time, I also contribute to my organization's design system.
In the past, I worked on site reliability, frontend, and ETL projects solving problems for the products in Legal & Compliance, Document Processing, and Banking & Financial Services domains.
I'm most experienced on
However, I've also worked reasonably often on
- Vue.js and Angular
- Vuepress and Gridsome
- CSS, Sass and Stylus
- Groovy (mostly with Spock and Gradle)
- Docker and Jenkins
Reading, mainly science fiction, fantasy, and manga, is my passion. I also like to draw vector icons and illustrations; the logo of this site, and the illustrations and several icons used on it were drawn by me. I'm a sucker for beautiful typography and new tools that improve my learning process, recollection, and productivity.
About this site
Most of the posts here use a tutorial-style format to document a concept or process for my colleagues, peers, and myself. They serve as a reference for what I've learned, and a source of
criticism and scorn constructive feedback.
Please treat the code samples as a demonstration of the topic under discussion. They are optimized for learning and not for use in the production codebase. Discuss with your peers before using them in an existing application.
Feel free to look around and contact me with any questions at @Microflash (which is the namesake of this site) on Twitter.
This site was made possible by
- Gridsome: a Jamstack framework for Vue.js
- Gridsome Portfolio Starter: a simple portfolio theme for Gridsome
- Gridsome Casper V3 Starter: a Gridsome starter based on the Casper theme for Ghost
- Shiki: a beautiful syntax highlighter based on TextMate grammar
- Spritely: a handy Node.js CLI to generate SVG sprites
- Bourbon: a lightweight Sass tool set
- Animate.css: a cross-browser library of CSS animations
This site uses
- CSS properties for responsive design and theme switching
- GraphQL for querying data
- Vue.js as the frontend framework
- Sass as the CSS preprocessor
- Inter as the body font
- JetBrains Mono as the
- a custom icon pack based on Feather
- Yarn as the package manager
- Git LFS to version large files
- GitHub Actions for continuous integration
- Netlify to host the site
- Affinity Designer to create icons, diagrams and illustrations
This site does not use any analytics to track you.